Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Pollock Style Breakfast (Nitrous Pancakes)

I picked up a nitrogen charged cream whipper for this project, and finally tested it out on the nitrous pancakes. The first lesson was aiming the dispenser nozzle, which I initially had positioned slightly off leading to a splatter of batter on the silverware drawer... Lesson two was that the end of canister will dispense in splatters, leading to a final Jackson Pollock inspired pancake for the batch.
Note, still cooks fine in splatter shape.
Lesson three was that I didn't master the nitrogen distribution on the first try, the last couple of pancakes had a much fluffier texture than the first ones. The first ones had a slightly odd almost rubbery texture, still edible but not the goal. For the next batch I think I need to shake the canister more aggressively to distribute the nitrogen charge more evenly.
Not yet the perfect pancake, but I'll keep trying.
Difficulty Level: Medium (It's all the equipment, the batter is an easy mix)
Will It Get Made Again? I'm absolutely game to try these again and work on better technique with the cream whipper, I still have lots of charge cartridges...

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Nitro Finish (Cream Whipper Chocolate Mousse 100/100)

My first post for this project was in April of 2017. It's finishing in September of 2019. I wanted to close with dessert to celebrate th...