Sunday, September 9, 2018

The General's Fried Chicken (Plus Waffles)

I decided that if I was going to make fried chicken at home, I might as well make waffles to. The waffle recipe I used isn't in EveryDayCook but it's another Alton recipe, and this one is easily found online.
#brunchboss
The chicken takes some prep. It spends some time marinating in stages (ideally overnight according to the directions, which worked out for my timeline). Then it needs to be breaded, and fried. 
What you get is indeed better than a certain Colonel's chicken.
Stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 3


Difficulty Level: Medium

Will It Get Made Again? Yes, but I'm going to tweak the spices. I'm a fan of spicy fried chicken, and to get closer to my favorite I'm going to up the amount of cayenne in the next batch (and maybe add some paprika).

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Nitro Finish (Cream Whipper Chocolate Mousse 100/100)

My first post for this project was in April of 2017. It's finishing in September of 2019. I wanted to close with dessert to celebrate th...