Monday, September 9, 2019

Cockpit Shrimp Cocktail (99/100)

The second to last recipe on my list was a shrimp cocktail. I made it for a picnic we went to. The 1.5 lbs of shrimp gets de-veined, brined, broiled, and the peeled before serving.
After the brining and broiling.

The sauce is simpler, everything gets tossed in the food processor. Smoked almonds, tomatoes, chili paste, horseradish, Worcestershire, lime... I knew it was going to have some kick.


The shrimp came out well, but the sauce the real hit. People were spooning it onto some of the other meats and salads (especially a quinoa vegetable salad). The sauce to shrimp ratio is radically tilted towards the sauce, we didn't even eat a quarter of the sauce before the shrimp ran out. Good thing it will go with a lot stuff.

Difficult Level: Medium

Will It Get Made Again? I won't voluntarily de-vein shrimp again if I don't have to. The shrimp isn't enough better than already prepped shrimp I can get from the grocery store the prep time and effort worth it. The sauce goes well with a lot of meat and veggies though, and may get requested for a repeat.

2 comments:

A Nitro Finish (Cream Whipper Chocolate Mousse 100/100)

My first post for this project was in April of 2017. It's finishing in September of 2019. I wanted to close with dessert to celebrate th...